We are creating a video game called Musa- a brother’s story which tells the tale of two brothers who are recent refugees. The game allows the player to go on a journey that two refugee children likely go through. It’s a game of hope, survival, despair and danger, and showcases the relationship of the brothers. The player plays as Musa, the older brother, a child himself, who is suddenly in charge of protecting and guiding his younger brother. Through our interactive AI story-based game, we hope to inspire empathy, spread awareness and hopefully inspire some positive action as well. We consider this use of an art form to tell a world crisis story, to be impactful. We are contributing 2.5% of gross sales revenue goes back to the cause and we collaborate with the beneficiaries of the cause to co-develop the game thus providing them meaningful work and creating authentic experiences through their input. This brings our impact full circle.
There are three main game mechanics or gameplay elements that are in the game.
1. Musa is able to interact with his environment, including observing, climbing over, hiding etc.
2. The game also employs quicktime events where players need to react fast, during running or adrenaline packed levels.
3. Musa is an avid inventor so part of the game play would be him crafting different items to take gameplay forward or just create toys for his little brother.
4. AI element that records subconscious behavior.
What makes the game stand out, are two things.
1. It highlights a cause that is very much a crisis of our age and is inspired by true stories (availed through partner agencies)
2. It will employ a new AI Engine that will map players input behaviour and make changes to the behaviour of the brother NPC, based on this information. This includes indicators like effective exploring of the level, reading or observing in game material, button mashing etc. Thus we use a players subconscious choices to create customised gameplay.
We are releasing the game on Mobile & PC on August 2019.